After my weekend of indulgences, I’ve been back on track (for the most part) with my eating. I’m really trying to focus on getting in a 5 servings of fruits and veggies every day, and incorporating them into every meal. I usually eat 5 times a day, 3 full meals and 2 snacks. I tend to skip the morning snack between breakfast and lunch (thanks a bunch, protein oats) and have a “snack” after dinner. It’s technically a dessert, but it usually consists of cereal or a Clif Bar Kids brownie. Exciting right?!
This morning’s oats were a million times better due to the addition of something that has been missing from my grocery store: strawberries! These are the most amazing strawberries I’ve had in months. I had three last night after dinner because they were just so refreshing and sweet. I plan to have them with some vanilla greek yogurt as my dessert tonight. 🙂
I feel like ever since my staycation, I’ve had a hard time getting back into the swing of things, and getting motivated. I have so much to do, but it all kind of swirls around in my head making me feel overwhelmed and then I end up reading a blog or a trashy novel instead of sorting it out. I’m avoiding. It’s something that I’ve always done. I don’t want to be this person that avoids the real world, and fails at something because I didn’t put 110% into it.
With that being said, I woke up this morning with a new outlook. Yes, I’m overwhelmed. Starting a business by myself is scary. Luckily, Robert is always there to listen and offer suggestions and help, but a lot of times, it needs to just be me. I can’t rely on him to make my business decisions for me. I made a quick list of all the things that I need to motivate me and get me back on track.
1. Get a cork board/white board for the office.
– I need to have a place where I can pin up my work to see it from different distances and perspectives, but also to hang up inspirational photos, and write down my lists. Right now I have a desk covered in postits with ideas, lists, and code. I need to organize it and have it off of the surface of my desk.
2. File Folders.
– I have receipts, print outs, tutorials, and order invoices in piles right now in a drawer. I always feel so overwhelmed when I open it.
– My ultimate goal is to be ready for a wedding expo by March. I need a timeline and detailed list of to do’s in order to make this goal attainable. Right now it’s just a BHAG (BIG HAIRY AUDACIOUS GOAL) but with some organization and elbow grease, I can make it happen.
4. Exercise in the morning, not at night.
– This one doesn’t fit as much with some of the other ones, but I think it will really make my workday more successful. I wake up, and would normally like to shower and get dressed in something other than pajamas or workout clothes to make myself feel like I’m at work, but I always know I’m going to end up going to the gym at 5 when Robert gets home, so showering and getting ready just seems silly. (I normally shower at night, so don’t think I’m all gross and smelly all the time. Just some of the time.) Working out before I start work, eating breakfast and showering before I even sit down at my computer will not only energize me for the rest of the day, but will make me feel like I’ve already checked a bunch of things off my to do list for the day. I won’t have to keep trying to schedule around my workout in the evening, or my meals.
So these are all things I plan to start today! I have class tonight, so I am going to go to office supply shopping on my way and pick up some of my necessary items. On that note, I’m off to the gym!